Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanks, Colin by Liam Quinn

I have found my best friend. What happened that night was this, after I had come back from trick or treating I saw that my brother had a bunch of friends over. Now my brother is 3 years older than me and he was sixteen at this time and I was 12 or 13. I knew his friends because I had talked and seen them many times before before. Even though I knew them very well there was a big pack of them, so I was somewhat intimidated. What scared me about this too was that I hadn’t seen them all in a while and I did not want to embarrass Colin or get them mad at me. Also since there was a good 7 or 8 of them they could be very rambunctious and quite crazy and scary, so I took off my costume and timidly went to talk to them.

” Hi guys.”

“ Wats up lil Quinn.”

Then they were going out to play basketball and they needed another player.
“ Oh great, I thought to myself this is my time to shine.”

So they willingly said,“Yo lil Quinn you wana play.” Obviously I said “yes” when I looked at my brother he gave an assuring look (the first clue) I was over whelmed with happiness; I was so excited to impress them and I really wanted to get on their good sides. We were all having fun but when the game ended I wondered what to do next. He and his friends were going to walk around the neighborhood and he said 4 words “ do you wana come?”

So I went and had a really fun time and noticed that I had a lot in common with my brother and we were best friends. Now if you had an older brother you know that they rarely ask you to hang out with them when they had FRIENDS over(you can tell how happy I was).I was filled with joy and the emptiness was filled with him being my best friend. We get along way better than just your average siblings. My best friend is different than yours, he will stay there for me my whole life and I’ll never have to worry about not being able to keep in touch with him. We are truly best friends

11 comments:

  1. My brothers name is Colin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an older brother to and it does feel great when he recognizes me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My younger brother and I are three year apart:mike devane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris Tedeschi great story and I like the descriptiveness

    ReplyDelete
  5. good story! i wish me and my sister had this good of a relationship-Dav3 ba1c0m

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see how you can be intimidated by your brother's friend, this has happened to me before with my older cousin. Matt McD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool story bro - Basem Metri

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing pure genious

    - secret santa

    ReplyDelete