Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Ride of My Life by Sean Brown

​‘Everyone get on’ came out the loud speakers on the Six Flags bus. When everyone was on the bus we headed for the gates of Six Flags. The gate were covered in vines like tangled Christmas lights strewn on the floor. We finally reached the long awaited destination of the Six Flags ticket lines. I looked at my phone; the time was 10:45 am, ‘fifteen minutes’ I say to my two friends who joined me on this adventure. After the longest fifteen minutes of my life we headed to the main entrance. We had to squeeze our way through the tightly packed crowd of people; it was like a department store at midnight on Black Friday.
​Once we got through the crowd of people we headed for the ‘Flash Pass’ office. These make it so you don’t have to wait in the dreaded amusement park lines. The first ride was called Scream, this tall building like structure launched us more than a hundred feet high then dropped all the riders and stopped them inches from the ground. This was only a taste for what was to come.
​My favorite ride of all was Batman. It was a high speed shiny black coaster. It had loops, twists and turns all going at a very high speed. The main coaster at Six Flags is the famous Superman. This roller coaster has a almost ninety degree drop from two-hundred feet. I went on this coaster three times just like every other ride, thanks to the Flash Pass. After we had a filling lunch of burgers we decide to go on some more rides. After three coasters we were feeling sick. By now it is 4:00 pm. We decide to go on Superman one last time. We were all in our seats and the ride attendant was going down the cars and making sure everyone was strapped in correctly. When he got to me he tightened the lap bar too tight. When we started moving I started to forget how uncomfortable I am. We started to go down the drop and I felt fine. When the ride was done I felt like I was going to throw up from the bar pressing against my stomach. After I got off the ride I did throw up.  That’s when I really felt fine. I started to run to my friends and left the throw up for the workers. This was my favorite memory from the summer.

5 comments:

  1. I've been on this ride although now it's called bizzaro and it was very fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ bizzaro is a silly name

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally like the mind eraser but bizzaro is the best. Well written story mr brown.
    -l.petriella

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hate ehen i puke.. it feels like im spitting out my soul-DAVEY B FROM K TOWN

    ReplyDelete