Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Sticky Situation by Michael Devane

​The night was cold and dark like my sisters intentions. When I was 6 and my brother was 4 and my sister was 10 she was allowed to babysit us for the first time. My parents were only going down the street for a few hours and they decided we would be fine if Delia watched us. I thought it was going to be so much fun to have my parents gone for the night and my sister watching us because I thought we would be able to stay up all night and watch movies. But I was so wrong; the second my parents left I ran to the living room and rented a movie from on demand as soon as that movie was over at 8:30 my sister sent us to bed. So me and my brother ran and hid in the kitchen cupboard,
“If she can’t find us she can’t make us sleep” I said. “Yeah but what happens if she does find us” said Austin.
“Well I guess we’re about to find out” Delia shouted slamming open the cabinet door. We tried to run but our efforts were futile. She grabbed us and threw us onto our beds we struggled for a little while and I finally broke free from her vice grip and dashed into the cellar. She followed me and Austin was left alone he hid under his bed and remained there until Delia brought me back upstairs and taped me to my bed. Out of fear Austin remained under the bed although he wasn’t seen it was only a matter of time before he was heard. A few seconds later we heard a loud sneeze coming from under Austin’s bed he sprinted out of the room as fast as he could and was snagged by the neck of his shirt and tossed like a rag doll onto his bed where he was also taped down.  As Delia began to walk away I said, ”Hey Delia how about you take a picture of us so you can remember this.”

"Why would I need to remember this” she responded.

“Because this way  you’ll always remember how funny this was” I said. So she went and got her camera and we waited. When she got back and took a picture she was bored with our whole situation and watched television for the rest of the night. When Austin and I finally fell asleep she came back in and removed the duct tape so my parents wouldn’t know what she did. Although  the next morning we told our parents the story and they didn’t believe it so we went and got Delia’s camera and showed them the picture. They were stunned for a while but they finally bellowed in unison

“DELIA GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW”.

“Yes?” Delia said innocently.

"Would you mind explaining this” my mother said pointing to the picture.

"Uuummm” Delia said she was speech less. Needless to say Delia was punished and she wasn’t allowed to babysit again for another year which was not really a punishment to her but I guess it did affect is in some way.

4 comments:

  1. My sister taped my mouth shut when I was sleeping once.
    Peter Keough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story, Sherlock. Matt McD

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1001 uses for duct tape..

    ReplyDelete